www.joyfulnoisekids.com    |    www.jnnutritionnews.blogspot.com    |    www.joyfulnoisekids.com/pdfs/nutritionexpeditioncalendar.pdf      |   Nutrition@JoyfulNoiseKids.com    

Friday, February 9, 2018

apple cookies


I found a recipe from wereparents.com  called "apple cookies four ways." Basically, you slice an apple into circles, cover the slices with some sort of butter or spread and top with treats. We used soy butter, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, raisins, and crushed pretzels.  They turned out really good!

I also talked with the older kids about the differences between these healthy apple cookies and regular cookies.   



It was a lot of prep work to get all the toppings ready for family style serving, but totally worth it!


3's Room

Hayden says "It looks like an apple!"


 Alena is deciding what toppings to add.    :)

 Hmm...what should I put on my cookie    :)

Henry is spreading his soybutter!


 Brooks is scooping some crushed pretzels!

 Hattie wanted to show off her cookie    :)
Henry liked spreading the soy butter    :)



 Delicious!

  Looks yummy Harrison!
 Maggie is carefully spreading her soy butter.




4's Room

 They did a great job listening to directions.....way to go fours class!
 Sophia and Joeri are spreading soybutter on their cookies :)

 Reid is trying some of the dried fruit pieces.

Claire is trying raisins on her cookie   :)
 Wyatt told me he didn't like his apple cookie.  I told him I was proud of him for trying it.   :)
 Ava thought it was really good.   :)
Cash is adding pretzels to his     :)



Apple Dippers for the toddler friends  :)



First we talked about apples and passed them around.  :)



Next, I cut the apple dippers into little pieces for the kiddos.


 Zander ended up eating 2 apple pieces!

  Brayden is taking a bite :)





I brought a few whole apples to the nursery for the babies to explore :)

Graham wanted to try his  :)


                                             Jacob licked his apple    :)                             
  Piper was excited to hold an apple!  :)


2's Room   :)


  I am showing them all the yummy toppings for their apple cookies!




  Time for toppings!

  Miss Emily is showing Caelen how to spread the soybutter.  :)



  Ryan thought it was pretty tasty!!


 Charly is taking a big bite   :)

  Sadie put dried cranberries, dried blueberries and crushed pretzels on hers....yum!


 Trinity is munching on her yummy creation.   :)
  Miss Dahlia is helping Harper build her cookie.   :)

Nice job 2's friends    :)